As an executive you should know it all, right? Yet do you sometimes find yourself wondering why things didn’t go the way you thought they would? Or what if someone realised you don’t actually know as much as you make out to know?
Do any of these sound familiar?
• You and your team aren’t reaching your goals as quickly as you should.
• You have lost enthusiasm for your role.
• Everything is full of possibilities but you can’t seem to make them happen.
• You are so busy with work that you’ve forgotten about work/life balance.
• You’ve lost yourself in work.
• There are changes ahead and you want to feel prepared to cope.
• You feel the need to change something about yourself.
The fact is that you need a coach; everyone needs a coach! At your level, coaching is not about training you how to do your job. Coaching is about managing yourself during times of change and, let’s face it, in business everything is constantly changing.
As Charles Darwin said…
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Sometimes coaching needs to focus solely on you and the person you are, helping you to get to know yourself even better. Far from being a selfish exercise, self-awareness is an essential skill of all great leaders.
A person’s capacity as a leader is expanded or limited by their knowledge of self. When you know how you are likely to react in any circumstances, you have the power to make a choice about your actions and behaviours. You have a choice about the way you lead and influence your teams towards the best outcomes.
An investment in your capability as a leader will have direct results in the improved performance of your team and your bottom line results.
Executive Coaching will help you to:
• Recognise simplicity within complexity, positioning you for clear and effective decision making.
• Build your leadership capability so that you and your organisation reach the next level in a controlled and deliberate manner.
• Increase self-awareness and emotional intelligence, enabling you to confidently lead and influence high-performing teams.
• See things from a fresh perspective; talk through strategic issues and gain confidential feedback and mentoring in a safe environment.
On a personal level, Executive Coaching will help you to:
• Prepare for senior management and C-level positions with confidence.
• Set clearly articulated career goals and create an action plan towards achieving your greatest professional success.
So how do you know if you need a coach? Just ask yourself whether or not you could be a better person or a better leader and you’ll find your answer.