Does your fear make decisions for you? On the face of it, that seems like a silly question, doesn’t it? Naturally, your answer is no.
Yet I need to ask you which part of your mind is answering the question? Does your subconscious mind agree with your answer? Chances are it doesn’t.
How many times have you come very close to success only to have something go wrong at last minute? You make a mistake, you forget something, or you fall ill?
That’s often a sign from your subconscious mind telling you to stop and pay attention to what’s happening inside you.
Fear of success is normal
It’s normal to have some fear of success. After all, we’re talking about what could be a big change in your life. A little fear is to be expected.
- What will life be like when I’m successful?
- Who will I be when I’m a success?
- What then? What’s next? Is there life after success?
- How will it affect my life? My friends?
- Will I have to be a different person?
- Do something different?
- Be better than I am now?
- Am I up to it?
These are all perfectly logical questions and if you don’t take the time to answer them – or at least consider them – you’ll find success never quite arrives.
It’s time to get out of your own way and overcome fear
This month we’re going to look closely at how to get out of your own way and achieve the success you’ve been working for.
- We’ll look at the neuroscience of success and why your brain reacts as it does.
- We’ll look at the behaviours you’ve learnt which are holding you back without you even realising.
- We’ll look at how you sabotage your success, so you don’t have to deal with it.
- And we’ll show you what you can do about it, so you can get out there and become an achiever.
However, before we go any further, there’s one point I want to make. It’s important because it underpins everything you do from here on.
The thing is, everything that’s worthwhile striving for will change you or your life in some way. Anything that energises you involves change. Anything which makes your mind race, your heartbeat and your palms sweat involves change.
If it doesn’t make you feel alive, it’s probably not worth doing.
Fear is the flip-side of excitement. Your body reacts in exactly the same way; it’s just the mind that tells you which is which.
A saying I love is this one.
“Life is too short to let fear make big decisions for you.”
If that’s what’s happening for you, let’s change it.
Do you have any questions about overcoming fear or success you’d like me to answer this month? Please leave them in the comments or get in touch with me 0405 322 005 and I’ll work through it for you.