About Linda Murray
I am a Keynote Speaker, Trainer and Executive Coach who motivates, inspires and provides professional women with the tools and skills they need to become great leaders.
I was 22 when I started my first business. I successfully grew that business to a team of 25 staff, but was aware that my business acumen at the time was limited. After experiencing business coaching at an early stage in my career, over 7 years, I grew the business significantly and became known as the leader in the bookkeeping industry. I also challenged the traditional models of client management and service delivery which modernised the bookkeeping industry dramatically. With a burning desire for helping others, I sold my business at the age of 29 and started Athena Coaching.
My greatest frustration in life is seeing just how much untapped potential sits within each person. I am driven every day to support people in identifying their unique qualities and talents and helping them create a life and career they adore. I live and breathe my core values of Authenticity, Fun, Successs and Courage. I coach clients to design careers to align to their values, making every day satisfying and fulfilling for them.
I am best known for taking complex situations and explaining them in a way which is easy to navigate and implement. I draw on nearly 2 decades of experience in business, a passion for human behaviour and Positive Psychology, as well as my academic background (Bach. Arts Psychology/Philosophy and Masters of Business Coaching) to show professionals how to enjoy greater commercial outcomes and accelerated individual success. As a keynote speaker, trainer and leadership development coach, clients say I am an “injection of motivation”.
My ideal client is:
- A motivated executive aspiring to advance to the top levels of leadership
- A high performer with a hunger for reaching her full potential
- Someone who would like to expand her thinking
- Someone who is in transition, wanting to ensure that her next career move is the right one
Awards and media
- 2016 Telstra Business Women’s Awards – nominee
- 2015 Australian Law Awards – Finalist, Corporate Employee Program of the Year
- 2014 Women in Financial Services Awards – Employer of the Year (TAL)
- 2014 Workplace Gender Equality Agency citation (TAL)
- How Busy Women Get Rich – The Australian Women’s Weekly finance magazine
- Four things you’re putting up with at work (and what to do about them) – Women’s Agenda – NAB’s Womens Agenda and Smart Company
- What are we working for – Live to work or work to live – the small business owner’s conundrum?” – Sydney Morning Herald article